Monday, August 8, 2011

Just Another Monday...

Today was the start of Thomas' third week in school...

He is an old pro people. We established a routine for our mornings and so far so good. I drop him off and he barely had time to give me a kiss good-bye. I might have already said this, but well...it hasn't changed.

Today also marked the start of another big week in our house. This time it is the Cookie Monster that is flying the coop.

It was meet the teacher at her school today and she started off pretty darn excited. She had to wear her new princess shirt that Aunt KiKi bought her. Maybe I was confused and that was the real reason she was excited. Now that I think about it, yeah that sounds right.

I digress...

She wanted me to take a picture of her before we left, so I did. I had to remind her that this was not her official "First Day" photo though and we would be doing it all over again on Wednesday.


If it were up to her (which it isn't) the picture on Wednesday would probably look exactly the same with the addition of a backpack. Unfortunately for my kids...mom picks their clothes. Oh you can judge, but it's just the way it is.

After meet the teacher (which she was mildly impressed with...and by that I mean NOT AT ALL) we headed home for some much needed mommy and Cookie time. Did you hear the sarcasm in that?? I kid...I kid!! I love spending time with both my kids!!

We played...and by that I mean Taylor told me what to do and I did it. Today was some more Pony's.


How good do these ladies look? Then we played a little Tic-Tac-Toe...which didn't go so well because Tay doesn't quite get the game. She kept getting mad at where I put my pieces. The games didn't last long.

I did however find something that would quickly make her happy and I was right.

She helped me bake a cake.





I really do have fun with my Cookie. She is becoming quite the little helper around the house (when she wants to be). I think we have pretty much gotten through the melt down stage with her. Yes...I am knocking on wood right now. Oh and no reason for the cake...boredom tends to lead to cake baking.

2 comments:

~Kelli Marie said...

I need the full outfit...shoes included!! And she better not have gotten cake batter on her favorite shirt!

Terri said...

I was thinking the EXACT thing that Aunt Kiki just said! Looks like my little cookie monster finally needs her Nana to make her an apron!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails