Friday, August 12, 2011

The Littlest Things

Sometimes there are tiny moments during parenting when you feel like you have been heard.

I just had one of those moments!!

I asked the kids to clean up there toys around the house. Actually I told them to or we would not be doing anything fun tonight.

They protested!! Shocking I know!!

Then they did. Taylor complained a lot!! She finally cleaned up the things that were hers and of course was done.

She did however...let me know that Thomas still had "LOTS OF STUFF DOWNSTAIRS!"

I told her that it wouldn't hurt if she helped him since she was done or not... She looked at me like I was nuts and walked away.


AND THEN....


ALL OF A SUDDEN....


I heard her walk upstairs and say the following...

"Thomas...can I help you clean up? I am done with my stuff and I want to help you!"

I couldn't help but smile!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh mellis, doesn't that just tug at your heart strings???? it sure does mine (happy face)give them a big hug and kisses from me.
love you guys, bubs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails