Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day 1....

...of my 4 day single mom adventure. I have to say that at this point I am getting used to Tom being out of town. He leaves about once a month now for 3 or so days and we seem to manage just fine. I admit that, although it is nice time to myself, I do miss him and try to throw some appreciation his way after each trip because when he's gone is when I realize the things he does. Anyway, I only have to work Thursday and Friday morning for a few hours and the rest of my time is free (well as free as it can be with two kids).

As with anytime Tom goes out of town, I have a few things I would like to get done. It looks like I may be able to check one thing off my list on day 1. I listed more of Taylor's clothes on eBay and sold some, the ones I did not sell I decided to try on craigslist and almost instantly I got tons of inquiries. Now it is just a matter of meeting with the lady and swapping money for clothes. Craigslist and eBay have really done well for me, I am happy that (as usual) my mom pushed me long enough to list my kids' clothes.

Because I thought my photography skills would have been a little better by now, I have put off getting Taylor's pictures taken...I think it is time to just give in to the fact that I am not going to be the one to get the "great" shot of her yet, so take her somewhere. I might try this while Tom is gone and if I can keep Thomas quiet, surprise him with pictures of the kids. I am not very optimistic though that Thomas will keep the secret. I'll let you know.

And the big thing on my short list is to get my office/craftroom/do everything room cleaned and organized. I can not be creative in a messy space and it is beyond the point messy. If I can get these few things done I will be one happy mommy, but then again if I can just make it through the next four days alive and with all my hair still attached I will be one happy mommy too.

No new pics to post of the kids, but I thought I would post one of Tom and I, he and I rarely take pics that I really don't hate so I thought I would share.

1 comment:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Cute picture! Maybe Kelli will help you organize your craft room! LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails