Anyway about this graduation. Well because it had been built up to be such a nightmare as President Obama would be giving the commencement address it turned out to be just the opposite. Well almost....
My parents, Tom and I rode the new light rail to the stadium, thinking this would be the most practical way to get to and from. Thankfully we got on at the first stop so we had seats, everyone after, not so lucky. Let me just tell you that people in general are hilarious. I could people watch all day long and laugh my butt off while doing it. To get me going for the evening, a young Asian man boarded the light rail eating an ear of corn, no napkin nothing else just the corn. Of course at this point it was standing room only on the light rail and he stood right over my dad. My mom and I laughed and thought how funny it would be if a kernel fell on my dad. Oh it still cracks me up!
I would just like to comment that cutting in line is rude and frankly it really pisses me off. 63,000 people all going to the same place and you have the audacity to cut.... excuse me you can stand in line like the rest of us. 100 degrees, but feeling even hotter..come on people.
Once we got in the stadium and to our seats we were fine and lucky enough had seats very close to the ground. Shade fell upon us rather quickly. All of the time prior was miserable. Every time someone would brush up against me I would cringe at the sweat they were passing onto me. By the end of the night if one more sweaty person touched me I thought I was going to cry.
The ceremony itself was what you would expect from a graduation I guess, except ASU was lucky enough to have the President Obama speak. Now regardless of my feelings toward Obama, he gave a very good speech even throwing in a few jokes here and there that were actually funny. I was crazy taking pictures because I can honestly say I have never been to something and who knows if I ever will again where the President was speaking. We had close enough seats that I got some pics.
When we left it was a cluster f@!# of people trying to get out and wouldn't you know it the roads were all blocked for the motorcade. Again people were cracking me up. We are standing (100 deep) waiting to cross the street and people shoving through asking us what we are waiting for? Are you kidding me? Did we look like we were just standing there for fun? The sarcasm coming out of our mouths was quite annoying to most, but what do people expect? Most of these same people never would have come to graduation had it not been for the fact that the President was speaking.
All in all it was a good night. I only got to see my sister for a brief moment before the ceremony so I am bummed that I do not have a picture with her. She gets her diploma on Saturday when she walks with the smaller group of just those that majored in Business. Hopefully my parents will get some then. Side note, she did look beautiful the moment I did see her.
A sea of maroon and gold
We were close, but there was a nice pole in the way...
No comments:
Post a Comment