Wednesday, February 15, 2012

So the plan was....

So about a minute after I found out I was pregnant I made a very important phone call. Well OK I called my mom first and then I made the other important phone call. I called my best friend Jaime...a friend that I can honestly say I have been friends with longer than anyone else.

Of course I wanted to tell her that I was having another baby, but more importantly I wanted to tell her that she would have one more chance to be with me when I gave birth. See...Jaime is a labor and delivery nurse and more than my wedding or a shower or any birthday I thought it would be absolutely awesome if she was with me.

Well...

I really wish this was the part where I entered a picture of said baby.

Unfortunately...

All the planning in the world could not make this happen. Short of having a scheduled induction (which just so you know...my doc does not like to do if there is no medical reason) it would be a miracle to plan a perfect scenario. I started having contractions last Wednesday night and really thought she was on her way. Of course she was not, but when I went to the doctor on Thursday morning he told me I was dilated 3cm. Now I know that a woman can walk around at 3cm for a good month and nothing happen, but because in the past I had never dilated more than 1cm I thought this meant something.

Thursday night nothing happened, but on Friday I just started having this gut feeling she was on her way.

So...Friday night... Jaime drove through the night from San Diego hoping the whole way she would not have to make a mad dash to the hospital.  She did not!!  So we waited!!! And waited!! And walked!! And pleaded with my baby Tatum to make her appearance!! On Monday I decided to let Jaime check to see if I had made any progress and if there was any possibility we would be taking a trip to the hospital.

Well...

It only took looking at Jaime's face to know that nothing would be happening while she was in town. Enter very sad face!!!

So here I sit...typing this post. I wish I was posting pics of my new baby girl. I wish I was posting pics of my best friend holding my new baby girl, but I am not. However it was a great visit, I am so grateful that Jaime took the time out of her life to make the trip and that we got to spend the time together. My kids absolutely loved having her here and I am pretty sure my dog loved her too.

She left this morning, but unlike most occasions I did remember to take pictures and of course had to share.

Photobucket
Friends for almost 20 years!! Seriously cannot believe it has been that long!!

Photobucket
I really wish this would have worked...I am having a girl though, so she is already showing her stubborn side!!

Photobucket
As good as it would get. Jaime will have to make a return trip to give her a real kiss!!

Photobucket
Jaime with my Taylor!! Taylor was so sad after school today when Jaime wasn't waiting at home for her!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Jaime teaching the kids her signature photo peace sign!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thank you Jaime for driving to AZ through the night to help deliver a baby that decided she wasn't ready after all. It meant the world to me!!

2 comments:

Jana said...

That is precious, Melissa! So fun to see you and Jaim hanging out again. :-) I'm sorry your baby didn't make her grand entrance with Jaime there. That was such a great idea!

Terri said...

Sad that it didn't work out as planned, baby arrivals have a way of messing with you!

Having said that, at least you (and the rest of the Dodd family) got to enjoy Jaime's company for a few days! Looks like she is going to give her Nana a chance to get all those wedding cookies done after all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails