Tatum Marie Moore
Born on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at 8:41pm
She weighed 8lbs 5oz and was 21in long
A FULL head of dark brown hair (all that heartburn showed)
I am pretty sure every mommy says this, but she is perfect!!
I didn't have this blog when I had Thomas or Taylor, so their birth stories are only what I can still remember...which isn't much...so I am super excited that I will get to share this story with you and then always have it just as I remember it!
If you noticed my ticker last week you would have noticed that I was overdue, so on Tuesday my doctor scheduled me for induction on Wednesday at noon.
Honestly it was all pretty hilarious to me. I got up like any other day, took a shower, shaved my legs, did my hair and makeup and headed out. We took the kids to school for a few hours and then enjoyed those last hours as parents of two!! I couldn't handle it though and we go the kids earlier than we had planned. We took the munchkins to my parents house where they would wait for their baby sister to be born!! But not before getting a few last preggo pics!!
There it is...the last profile pic of my LAST preggo belly!!
Me and my beautiful, amazing and very helpful mom!!
When I uploaded the pics today I was so excited when I saw this one...I really love that I get to call these kids my own!!
This one will always be MY BABY!! Even if he is so far from it!!
Tom and I kissed the kids good-bye and headed for the hospital! I could write a post all about how I though things would go once we got there, but I won't...let's just say it was not anything that I had envisioned!
It was so weird just pulling up to the hospital and walking in all casually. "Yeah...I am just here to be induced!!" I laughed every time I said out loud! We got all checked in and they took us to our room to get settled. I ACTUALLY thought I would done giving birth within the hour...little did I know!
I needed to have two doses of penicillin four hours apart! I looked at the nurse like she was nuts. She laughed at me!! My day nurse was really great and thought Tom and I were hilarious! Anyway, finally at 2pm I got my first dose and knew it would be at least 6pm before anything happened. Enter sad face!!
At 4pm they started me on pitocin to get my contractions going!! And that worked like a charm!! At a quarter to 6 my doc stopped by to check on me, unfortunately he was not on call that night so he would not be delivering baby Tatum, he said everything looked good and I got my second dose of penicillin. My contractions were getting pretty strong, but I thought I could hold off on my epidural for a little longer. LOL!! Within 10 minutes I was not loving life at all!!
My new nurse came on at 6pm and at 10 after I was begging for my epidural!! Begging!! I had Tom call my mom and tell her to be at the hospital at 7!! I had a feeling things were about to happen!
I got my epidural at about 6:30 and my mom got there a few minutes after 7!! I was again loving life once I couldn't feel my lower extremities!! More power to you gals out there who can handle the pain...this girl has no pain tolerance!! Things were uneventful for the next hour and at 8 my nurse checked me and I was 5cm!
As she left the room she asked me if my two other deliveries were fast...I told her YES!!!
Minutes later my contractions went from bad to HORRIBLE!! My epidural ended up not being very strong and my lower back was killing me. At about 8:25pm water broke...and about that...I had not idea what that felt like, but I knew the second it happened that SOMETHING had just happened!! I paged my nurse and when she came in and looked...I was right! I had never experienced that before and now I have and let me just say that I am glad it did not happen anywhere else!!
She called the doctor and he was ten minutes away...
THE LONGEST TEN MINUTES OF MY LIFE!!
He walked into my room at 8:37 and at 8:41 I was holding my baby girl!!
Fast didn't even begin to describe how quickly things went. And when I reached down and grabbed my girl the amount of hair on her head explained perfectly the heartburn I had had for the last 6 months straight! She was my biggest baby by one ounce, but was like her sister and brother in so many ways...her toes...her fingers...her skinny long legs!!
Can I comment quickly on the gowns that they give you to wear...I think it is time someone comes up with something a little less dated. They truly are hideous!
A day that was 40 weeks and 4 days in the making, but SO WORTH IT!!
I have lots more to share...so stay tuned!!












4 comments:
Oh Melissa, she is absolutely GOR-JUS!!! Her hair is amazing!! You'll be putting her little hair bows in before you know it!! So incredibly happy for you all!! {{{HUGS}}}
A huge congrats Melissa! Tatum is stunning just like her sister and brother! You're officially playing zone defense!!!
ok, meliss,
i know you could not have written tatem's big entrance without choking up and getting tearie eyed, so right back at you sweet niece!!!!! felt like i was right there with you, all except the pain that is. LOL can't wait to see everybod
y!!! love you guys
Melis! Amazing! She is too precious and I LOVE the details! Congrats to you... keep us posted on how things are going. xoxo
Post a Comment