Of all the things I have ever asked these two munchkins to do, being a good big brother and big sister is about the only thing that we didn't have to negotiate!
Nana bought them each a new shirt stating their status update (although I guess technically Thomas' isn't really a new status)!!
When Tom and I left for the hospital the day before we had thought that they would be meeting their new sister that day, so the anticipation was even greater when they found out it would be one more whole night before they got to finally see her outside my belly!!
Can you tell how excited they were??
They had no idea how small she would really be and were amazed at her tiny fingers and her tiny toes. Of course their visit was not without curiosity and they asked the big question??
"How did Baby Tatum get out of your belly mommy??"
Taylor was pretty set on me lifting my shirt to show her my tummy! I used the only distraction I could think of...
I asked them if they wanted to hold her!! Thankfully it worked!!
Thomas surprised us all and was totally happy just sitting in the chair holding her the entire time. Taylor on the other hand was a little more unsure about the whole thing. She wanted Nana to take her back after a few minutes!!
And each of them got a special little gift from their three great-aunts!! The lunch boxes were filled with Hershey Kisses that said "It's a Girl!!" Thomas loves candy and my Cookie LOVES balloons!!
They really do love their little sister!! They kiss her when they get up in the morning and they kiss her goodnight! If she cries...they tell me! If I need to leave her to make a bottle or go to the bathroom...they sit with her!
We'll see how long this lasts!!









1 comment:
Oh my gosh, Melissa! Tatum is so darn cute. You are making me so excited for my third (little girl, too) coming in May! Congratulations to you and your sweet family. :-)
Post a Comment