Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ready...Set...Pack

Well, now that the holidays are in the rear view mirror I am forced to focus straight ahead.

On what you might ask?? OK you might not be asking at all, but because this is MY blog I am going to tell you anyway. We will be moving this month.

Oh don't get too crazy with your questions...it will only be a few miles in one direction or the other. No state lines will be crossed, no need to throw us some sort of going away party and no need to start consoling my kids about missing their dearest friends, we will only be changing zip codes.

Anyway, I decided that because I am the one that will be doing the work...and by work I mean packing...I will share my adventure with you. My hope is that if I tell you all I have to do this, you will hold me to it.

See the last time we moved this is how it went...

We had a brief conversation about moving to AZ and that brief conversation turned into a fast interview involving plane rides and a nervous husband.

We get a phone call that went something like..."You need to be here in three weeks, we'll take care of the rest"

My hubby gets on a plane and leaves me and our 6 month old baby to fend for ourselves

I fly said baby to AZ and leave him with my parents and hubby

I fly back to Seattle and sit back while three very nice gentlemen pack my house and load it on a truck (a very big truck, I didn't realize how much $%it I had) and a nice truck driver heads south.

Fast forward a few months and two very nice gentlemen unload truck the same truck at our new house. And that was that!!

If you have never had anyone do the moving for you then you may not see why this would be such a big deal for me. I would compare it to flying first class...once you go to the front you never want to go back to that place they call coach.

I guess I could hire someone to do the work for me, but now that I am unemployed my excuses are limited as to why I can't take on this project and my budget doesn't really allow for movers (insert VERY sad face).

I am determined to make this move FUN!! And I am taking you along for the ride.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails