Although I am a few days late with this post (you can blame my totally boring, but completely exhausting weekend) I had to share my story. Now let me say that when things like this happen photos would totally enhance the story, but of course my camera was not in my purse, so just use your imagination.
I made an impromptu doctors appointment for Taylor after leaving my moms on Friday. Thankfully we left the doctors appointment with a prescription, so in the end it was WORTH it.
Oh wait... worth what you might ask??? Oh let me back up a bit and tell you that like any other doctors office in this world when you make an appointment for 11am, you don't ACTUALLY see the doctor until 11:45!!
Now making adults wait is annoying, but making toddlers wait...come on people. This particular time I was THAT MOM and my daughter was THAT CHILD!! You know the one that is throwing the biggest tantrum, filled with tears and snot, topped with hitting and kicking. I am not even going to lie...I was SOOOO embarrassed. Nothing I did helped. Oh and remember where we were...a quiet doctors office. And as luck would have it we had spectators. Two nice ladies and their kids got to witness the entire show from start to finish.
Oh and how did it end might you ask??? My darling daughter found comfort from one of the other moms in the waiting room. Oh yes A COMPLETE STRANGER was what made her calm down. She wanted nothing to do with me whatsoever. In fact...her meltdown returned when the nurse called the lady and her son to see the doctor.
Side note: Thomas was an angel the whole time, but I fear he was really just distancing himself from us. It seemed he might have been just a little embarrassed also.
It was one of those moments when you are not sure whether to cry or run out the door. A moment when, for me at least, I am cursing my husband under my breathe about why the mom is always the one that deals with these fun experiences.
No worries though...we lived to write about it and all is well on the home front. I may not have it on film, but I don't think it is a story I will soon forget anyway.
Happy Monday!!
1 comment:
a story that only a mother can understand, Eden did the same thing, but on a plane (I plan on blogging about it). SOOOOO not fun. We will laugh about these things later right?
Post a Comment