Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A First...Sledding!

This is our third winter in Colorado, but believe it or not we haven't done any sledding.  Well unless you count the five minutes last year before Taylor had a giant meltdown and Tatum came home crying...WHICH I DO NOT!  I really wanted to pack up the whole family and head up to the mountains, but I settled for a local adventure and it was great. 

My hubby chose not to partake in the sledding fun...BOO to him, but that didn't stop the rest of us!!  We went with our good friends The Leahy's.  We smiled and laughed a lot...but I was quickly reminded of how I'm not as young as I once was...I fell off the sled and I was pretty sure I broke my tailbone.  I may or may not have cried a little, but I kept going!  Thomas and Taylor LOVED it!!  Tatum was a little hesitant at first, but just about the time we were ready to go she was all about it!!



Here is the hill...my picture from the top doesn't quite do it justice, but keep in mind that I am taking this pic with one and holding onto that fence (you can see the shadow) behind me for dear life!!  Once I let go...we were gone.


 I went down 3 times...it was a lot of fun, but I'm not sure my butt could have handled anymore.

I love this kid!!! 

She cracks me up!!  Seriously...I can't handle the cuteness!!

Just chillin!!

Typical of my child to be the one on the sled being pulled UP the hill by her friends!! 


It was the PERFECT day...we topped off our sledding adventure with Red Robin.  Only thing missing was my hubby, but I'm pretty sure he won't miss the next time!! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails