Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Just Me and My Munchkins

Missing AZ is lightened by the fact that we absolutely love the street we live on.  My kids have made tons of friends and I am happy to say so have I.  The kids play outside almost every single day.  Honestly the only time they are not playing outside is when they are grounded or it is TOO cold (that has only happened once).  It's great!  EXCEPT... when I think about how they have no desire to be around me anymore.  I knew this day was coming, but I hadn't anticipated it being this soon.  I basically have to bribe them to do anything with me and then it really isn't worth it because all I hear is "When are we going home?"

Last Saturday Tom was working and the weather was beautiful, so before they could sneak outside I got everyone ready and told them I was taking them to the zoo.  Just the four of us!!  To my surprise they were excited.  We packed lunches, the kids took paper and pencils to write about everything they saw and we headed off.

It was an absolutely amazing day!!

No fighting!!

No complaining!!

Just me and my munchkins enjoying the Denver Zoo!!

And even our little Tatum ventured out of the stroller and experienced the zoo like a big kid for a while!








It was the perfect day and a just the reminder I needed of why I love being a mom!!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Love it - Thomas is all front teeth and Taylor has none. The perfect pair! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails