Friday, October 17, 2008

When will it stop??

Either it never happened or it has been suppressed in my memory, but I do not think Thomas ever cried like Taylor does. I would say she is only happy when she is eating or being held, but truthfully if you are not walking around while holding her she isn't happy either. She cries for no apparent reason. No she is not colicky, just high maintenance. Maybe in some weird way I am being punished. All of the times of being high maintenance myself, but then one would think she would only act this way around me. Not true! She is this way with everyone. The only time you can be sure she is happy is with a bottle in her mouth....and maybe the 10 minutes post bottle. I move her from spot to spot around the house in 10-15 minute incriments and have been known (just yesterday actually) to blast music to drown her out. When all else fails she goes down for a nap. I feel like the worst mom sometimes, but I do not know how to make her happy.

These are the things we tell ourselves to remember the next time we consider having kids, but at some unknown time these same things are forgotten. Kind of like giving birth. I thought it was no big deal, in fact I even bought cute underwear to wear home from the hospital. Jokes on me because I had totally forgotten. So like I said even if Thomas was like, this I totally forgot.

Here is a thought....maybe these are the moments I should scrapbook about, them I would never forget.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Oh my gosh Melissa! I just got a chance to check out your blog and felt like I was reading my own entry!!! This is to the T how life is for me right now too! Lauren is my oldest and she will be 2 in Dec and then I have my little boy Rylan who is 4 months. I TRULY am starting to think that it is because I have way less time on my hands to figure out what the heck is the matter with him that he appears so much crazy than Lauren was. I will think I figured out some brilliant trick for calming him down and the next day I am back at square one! I hear ya girl and I feel your pain!!! :-) -Jana

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails