So we (actually I) had the great idea to carve pumpkins last night. We packed up the family and the pumpkins and went to my parents house to make it a family event. I tried to make it something we would be doing for Thomas' benefit, but lets be realistic....it was really for me. I wanted to have cool pumpkins to put on the porch.
I have not carved a pumpkin in years, but it was just as fun a I remembered. I will admit that I do not enjoy the gutting of the pumpkin though, and ended up giving that job to my hubby. I bought one of those kits and each of us chose a picture. Those kit things work pretty darn good too.
Mission accomplished! We have three really cool pumpkins to show for our hard work. Kelli chose the vampire about to bite into the woman's neck, I chose a spider in the moonlight and Tom chose a bat, well we think. He ended up doing the image upside down. This is a very typical thing for Tom to do, he is not a direction follower. AT ALL! Here are some pics from the night. My sis even broke out the old Halloween sweatshirt that my grandma painted for her YEARS ago.

I have not carved a pumpkin in years, but it was just as fun a I remembered. I will admit that I do not enjoy the gutting of the pumpkin though, and ended up giving that job to my hubby. I bought one of those kits and each of us chose a picture. Those kit things work pretty darn good too.
Mission accomplished! We have three really cool pumpkins to show for our hard work. Kelli chose the vampire about to bite into the woman's neck, I chose a spider in the moonlight and Tom chose a bat, well we think. He ended up doing the image upside down. This is a very typical thing for Tom to do, he is not a direction follower. AT ALL! Here are some pics from the night. My sis even broke out the old Halloween sweatshirt that my grandma painted for her YEARS ago.
1 comment:
you need to proof read before you post.....dork! :-)
Post a Comment