It has occurred to me in the last hour that it really does not matter what I say to my son, he has no intention of listening to me today. This goes for my dog as well. As I type this post he has now been on "Time-out" for a very long time. I honestly can't remember the reason I put him there this last time, but with the day I have had I really don't care.
There are days when everything goes as planned or as expected, but then there are days like this. Where at 5:15pm I am seriously contemplating a 5:30pm bedtime. Don't get me wrong, although it might be hard to believe this right now, I love being able to be home with my kids. I know that I am lucky and I try very hard not to take it for granted, but today is just not one of those days. There are moments when I completely check out, this is what I am currently doing by blogging rather than parenting.
As I type, my daughter is screaming for no apparent reason (she is not hungry, colicky or anything else....just high maintenance), my dog is barking because she has been outside for all of the last five minutes and is afraid I may never let her in and my son is yelling, hoping that I will get sick of hearing him and let him up from his "time-out" chair.
If I was any sort of drinker I may be doing that right now, but I'm not so I will just continue to go through this sober. If there is one thing I have learned it is this: Being a parent can be the most gratifying unpaid job, but it can also be the most exhausting unpaid job. Either way it is unpaid.
I will sign off as a very tired MOMMY!
There are days when everything goes as planned or as expected, but then there are days like this. Where at 5:15pm I am seriously contemplating a 5:30pm bedtime. Don't get me wrong, although it might be hard to believe this right now, I love being able to be home with my kids. I know that I am lucky and I try very hard not to take it for granted, but today is just not one of those days. There are moments when I completely check out, this is what I am currently doing by blogging rather than parenting.
As I type, my daughter is screaming for no apparent reason (she is not hungry, colicky or anything else....just high maintenance), my dog is barking because she has been outside for all of the last five minutes and is afraid I may never let her in and my son is yelling, hoping that I will get sick of hearing him and let him up from his "time-out" chair.
If I was any sort of drinker I may be doing that right now, but I'm not so I will just continue to go through this sober. If there is one thing I have learned it is this: Being a parent can be the most gratifying unpaid job, but it can also be the most exhausting unpaid job. Either way it is unpaid.
I will sign off as a very tired MOMMY!
No comments:
Post a Comment