Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Finally done!

I knew the second I stepped foot in this house that it was THE ONE!  I saw past the oak...I saw past the awful carpet...I saw past the paint and the black out curtains.  I knew that the bones of the house were all that mattered and I LOVED IT!  I really wanted a house with a finished basement...my hubby did not...he won that battle because I loved the rest of this house too much to care about the basement.

We were fortunate enough to be able to finish the basement after only living in the house for a year.  Although the project took way longer than we had planned...I am happy to say it is finished and we are enjoying our investment.

Excuse the crappy lighting in some of the pics...I promise the wall color is the same throughout even though it looks different in each pic...LOL.






Thanks to my moms creative thinking...I took the inspiration EXIT sign and have added multiple arrows to this wall.  I am not done...I might just fill the whole wall...or at least add a few more.

So this would be the truest pic of the wall color!! It was also requested that I not add too much 'Girly' stuff...I found these pictures at Hobby Lobby...Nice, but not girly!


Our Craigslist pool table...some guy left his wife with 5 kids, so she decided to liquidate his stuff.  His loss...OUR GAIN...at only $300.  We paid movers and had it re-felted to match the décor, so it was an $800 total investment.  Totally worth it!!! 




My mom and sister got to enjoy the new sleeping quarters in September, but there wasn't much else for them to enjoy.  This past weekend though...my parents surprised me and stayed for the five days and got to enjoy all the new amenities.  Maybe they will visit more now that they have their own space!!

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Love it. Looks amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures meliss, it really looks nice, you guys did a great job !!!!!

DeeDee said...

Looks so nice! What a great space to enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails