Chicago...may be the prettiest DOWNTOWN city I have ever been in. The drive to and from the airport suggested otherwise, which is why I name downtown specifically. My jaw was dropped a good portion of the trip in complete AW of all the buildings!
We walked a lot...we went on a double decker bus tour that seemed to last a lifetime...we ate delicious food including Chicago style pizza (seriously my mouth is watering just thinking about it)...we acted like tourists...did I mention we walked a lot?
It was definitely a city I would love to visit again...and if you haven't been there...add it to your bucket list. It is totally worth it!!!
My personal deep dish pizza...SO DELICIOUS!!
I know I am going to get in trouble for posting this, but sometimes the best pics are candid.
I told my sister to take a pic of me with these statues...I had to get into character though!
Elevator selfie...oh and my first try with the lipstick!
John Hancock Building
We were pretty happy when the bus tour started...our moods changed around hour 3!
Trump Tower! A little fact...largest residential building in Chicago!
We were smiling, but don't be fooled...we were ready to jump off that top deck!
Walking into Soldier Field!! Another fact...Soldier Field is the oldest NFL stadium...and the smallest...and it lost its landmark status when the spaceship like seating was added to it!
She jumps in front of every stadium!! It's my job to get THE shot!!
Yup...the Bears were playing the Cardinals!!
This panoramic actually makes it look larger than it is...I promise you could feel how small it was in comparison to other stadiums we have been to.
Yes...we were back on the double decker bus after the game. We needed to get back to our hotel and we somehow missed the cab line!
If you know me...you know that I rarely order burgers at restaurants. So glad I did!! It was AMAZING!!
When you have a type-A personality...this makes you happy!!
We couldn't skip Dylan's Candy Bar. Every candy you could possibly imagine!
And as if going to the candy shop wasn't enough...we couldn't leave without getting our Garrett's Popcorn!! I went with the Chicago mix (cheese and caramel mix)...and because I am nice...I brought it home for my kids. It took willpower...I could have eaten the entire container on the airplane.
One last pic of our hotel before heading to the airport.
If my pictures didn't express how much fun we had...well then go back and look again...just kidding!! But really it was so much fun. And just like last year...I am already looking forward to our adventure next year.
































1 comment:
Meliss, all the pics. Are great so glad you finally decided to post them !!!!!! I can hardly wait till the next trip myself !!!! Love all you guys !!!
Post a Comment