Friday, August 23, 2013

Our Morning!

My whole life I would say I have never been a morning person.  I REALLY do not like people waking me up, I like to wake up on my own.  I also have been known to push the snooze button multiple times when the alarm is set.  It's a little crazy that when I worked I would set my alarm for earlier JUST to account for the snooze button.  Those extra 9 minutes really complete my sleep...probably not!!  I am almost positive my hubby would describe me in some expletive words when it comes to the morning.  But I like to think it's one of the things he loves about me.  Haha...probably not either!

Although I am still not a HUGE fan of the mornings, ever since Taylor started her second year of preschool I have become quite OCD with our morning routine.  I could probably give you a minute by minute that's how crazy I have become.  Last year I had all three kids and myself ready before we walked out the door.  To each his own, but I am NOT one of those moms that takes her kids out in their PJ's.  Nope...not me!  I have pretty strong opinions on that, but I'll save those for another post.

Anyhoo...

Our morning routine has changed slightly this school year.  Taylor and Tatum are my late sleepers (if you call sleeping until 7 late, which I do) and rather than rush them and in turn create drama where it can be avoided, I get them ready AFTER Thomas goes to school.  He catches the bus, so there is NO leaving the house.  If there was...we would be business as usual.  Him and I get ready...he leaves and then I get the girls ready.

Some days they take a bath and some days they take a shower.  If you haven't witnessed it first hand...Taylor can be a little high maintenance, so she gets ready FIRST!  Always!!  I am allowed enough time to put a diaper on Tatum and then my attention has to be on her.  She gets dressed, changes her earrings and then...I do her hair!!  Everyday I do her hair!!  I do her hair because she has as much hair as I do and if it isn't up and out of the way...life can get pretty bad around here.

I have a love/hate relationship with her hair, but every morning when we finally walk down the stairs it is done.  Some days there are tears involved...some from me...some from her, but it's done!!  And if I am lucky I get something fun each day!!

Monday...Double Messy Buns!

Tuesday...Side French Braid w/ Side Ponytail


Wednesday...Triple Ponytail 


Thursday...Cris Cross Ponytails


Friday...Bun Rolled Under


Most of the time I have fun doing her hair and if I can distract her long enough...I can usually avoid complaining.  When she's in a good mood she actually likes me to try new do's!!


1 comment:

DeeDee said...

you are super mom! (but i'm with you on the no jammies in public thing...)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails