Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Big Day Around Here

Well...

Yesterday was the big day!!  The day that I have been waiting for since May 22!  Judge all you want...I make no secret of the fact I look forward to the kids going BACK to school.  My kids have always been up early and up late, I get tons of time with them since I am a stay at home mom.  I wouldn't want it any other way, but them being in school is great for all of us.  They get just as sick of me...I know because they tell me.

If you had asked me two months ago though, I would have told you I was VERY nervous for them.  New state...new school...new friends!  A lot for two kids right?!

Nope, not my kids!

We live on a street FILLED with kids and in the last month they have all become fast friends.  They were so excited the first day of school was finally here.  Three kids from Taylor's class alone live on our street...no not a street near us...OUR STREET!!  Although they are not in Thomas' class there are three other 2nd graders on our street as well.  The kids really hit the jackpot when we moved here.  No need for this mom to schedule play dates...I just send them outside.

Anyhoo...

To make a long story short the kids were up and ready early and had an AWESOME first day (their words not mine)!

Here are the pics I know you have been on the edge of your seats waiting for...

My Taylor headed off to Elementary School!!  I can't believe she is in Kindergarten!!

Please take note of her earrings...She has learned how to change them all by herself and does so EVERY day (sometimes multiple times).

Can you believe she didn't protest pics AT ALL??  That's how excited she was.

I had to get my annual "Just the shoes" picture and couldn't leave out my baby!!  She was uncooperative as usual, but thankfully I am fast and not above bribery!

She doesn't speak actual words, but I am pretty sure I translated what this was and let's just say it was not nice!

Seriously could not be more in love with these kids!


There he is...about to board the bus for the first time ever!!  He came home and when my mom asked him what his favorite part of the day was...without hesitation he replied "THE BUS!!"  What a nerd!


As I type this they are both enjoying their second day!  I enjoy the peace and quiet, but just like yesterday find myself anxiously awaiting the bus to hear all about it!  LOL...the newness will wear off for all of us I am sure...they won't want to go and I won't be waiting by the door for them to get home.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved the pics. and the story behind each one!!!!! give them a big hug for me, love you guys

Terri said...

They are getting so big! Love the pics, can't wait to see them again next month!

Anonymous said...

Great pics Meliss...Love how you keep us up to date..Love, auntie Marlene

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails