Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My kids are crazy...

I thought that I would be a really good mom today...

And rather than giving my kids something easy for breakfast, I would whip out my recipe box and bake something.

So I did...

I baked blueberry muffins!

Not your box kind either

Homemade, delicious and might I add HUGE blueberry muffins.




Fresh-out-of-the-oven blueberry muffins are hard to beat. Well at least I think so. Apparently my kids do not agree.

They totally poo-pooed the muffins. I convinced them both that they would love them if they just tried them (note that Thomas used to LOVE blueberry muffins).

But because my kids are nuts I tell you.

Just plain nuts!!!

They both ate all of about two bites.

I then got complaints of a stomach ache from Thomas and "Icky muffin" from Taylor.

Trust me...

I ate one



They were NOT icky.

So, I thought that if anyone needed a good blueberry muffin recipe...

I would share mine.

Blueberry Muffins

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter (softened)
2 eggs
1/2t salt
2t baking powder
1t vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1-2 cups blueberries (if you love blueberries add the full two cups)

Beat butter, eggs, salt and sugar. Mix flour and baking powder. Sift into mixture altering with milk. Blend in vanilla. Gently fold in blueberries.

Bake 30-35 minutes 350 degrees

Makes 6 very lrg muffins

1 comment:

Blyth Family Blog said...

DELISH! I think I will have to make these this weekend!
Your kids are crazy, but mine are too. Ava never goes out of her comfort zone...unless I pry her mouth open and force a bite down her throat...but that usually doesn't end well :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails