If I haven't ever told you, I am a TREAT junky.
I feel empty if there isn't some sort of really bad for me, but oh so delicious treats lying around the house.
And I get on kicks. Sometimes it is ice cream, a fresh pan of brownies or a nice big bag of black licorice.
During the summer though...
My sugary treats get switched out for things like watermelon and my grape salad...
Oh and...
Frozen BLUEBERRIES!!!
I was never a big fan of blueberries even though they are really a good fruit and pretty darn healthy. I have a thing about texture though and frankly blueberries were a texture I didn't like.
Then..
My wonderful sister suggested freezing them.
And it was all over after that.
So, today Safeway put blueberries on sale for $0.99. The price I have been waiting for. See my hubby is in charge of the Produce department for the Phoenix division and I have been bugging him since last summer. He has been telling me for weeks to be patient and they would go on sale.

Today was the day I have been waiting for.
I bought 9 lbs of blueberries, washed them and bagged half of them up in little baggies, perfect for grabbing out of the freezer when I need my late night treat.
Hopefully these will last me a while, but just in case they don't I will probably buy another 9 lbs before the sale ends next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment