Monday, December 15, 2008

I have decided...

That for the month of December my new motto is....Go Broke or Go Home. Every year I say that I am going to be prepared, organized and ready for the holidays, in every way, but especially financially. As usual though, this year had turned out exactly like years past. I am no more on top of things than before and with only 9 days left it is crunch time. Anyone with young kids will probably agree with me that it is virtually impossible to get any shopping done or gifts wrapped. Each day I am left with a small window of opportunity after both Thomas and Taylor have gone to sleep, but this is only time well spent if my husband doesn't feel as though we need our quality time together. HA HA! Oh well, every year I figure it all out and on Christmas morning I am ready. This year will be no different I am sure.

Sunday night I took the kids to my parents to decorate cookies. I had to just laugh at how when most people decorate cookies with their kids they just let the kids go to town, big mess and all. Not us though, we had to stand right next to Thomas and guide him, for fear he would make some crazy mess that none of us wanted to deal with or cookies that looked like a kid decorated them. I think it is things like this that are the reason why my son doesn't care to be dirty and messy. I think the only time he has had free range to do whatever when it involved food was his 1st birthday. It was a fun night though and he really didn't know any different. He got to help and that is all that matters.







1 comment:

MissBlondiey said...

ok, So cracking up.....
Perfect little frosting colors all placed in perfect little bottles to decorate the perfect little cookies...

Unlike the not so perfect gingerbread house experience we had at our house. I'm still trying to figure out who got the frosting on the ceiling.
Love you,
Sandi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails