Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hazards of parenthood

Sometimes being a mom isn't all it is cracked up to be. The are moments when you ask yourself "If I had known this before I had kids would I have still done it?" In most cases I have found that no matter what the answer is you have to learn to laugh about these moments.

Now to my funny story...I just got home from running some errands, both of my kids fell asleep in the car YEAH, but of course my little Taylor woke up as soon as I got her out of the car. I decided that I would give her a bottle before laying her back down. I gave her the bottle as I always do, in her little seat on the couch. I sat down to call my mom for a daily chat (one of many throughout my day). When Taylor finished her bottle she had a very funny grin on her face and I even commented to my mom regarding it. My daughter has a tendency of making me think she has a messy diaper just by farting really bad, I thought this was what she had done. I hung up the phone and went to pick her up when I felt a not so nice wet feeling on her lower back.................

..............And when I rolled her over to see how she managed to get wet on her lower back there was a nice surprise. Officially she has had her first blow-out diaper and it was a doozy! Still she sat with her grin. Honestly I couldn't figure out how I was going to pick her up without some transfer. Of course I instantly took a minute to call and share with my mom before I gave her a bath, that is how bad it was. All the while she still kept her grin as though she was proud of what had just happened.

As a parent I cannot tell you how many times I have said "That was the worst diaper I have ever changed" and then a worse one comes along, but let me tell you people this time I mean it. I still am not quite sure how it all managed to escape the diaper (one of the many mysteries regarding babies), but it did and I have a washer full of clothes, towels and a seat cover to prove it.

1 comment:

The Haigh's said...

Hi Melissa -I found your blog through Meghan. Seems like things are going well for you. Loved the poop story - can't wait!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails