As with most things I'm sure...being a mom and hindsight go hand in hand. If I knew then what I know now...well let's just say I probably would have done quite a bit different. Oh I'm not referring to my parenting...although I'm sure that too could have used improvement. I'm really referring to all the things I would have enjoyed more rather than wish them away.
With Thomas I was so quick to wish he would crawl...wish he would walk...wish he would talk, mostly because at each of the stages prior I didn't know how I was going to survive. Well I'm typing this today, so obviously I survived...so much so...I kept having kids. I would say that I probably did as much wishing when Taylor was little as I did with Thomas, but in the last 3 years things have been WAY different. I like to think I have this "mom thing" down!! Don't burst my bubble...there are plenty of times during my week that I burst it myself. Things in our house are the best they've ever been. Oh it's chaos...but I like to think of it as controlled and managed chaos.
I try hard to stop and listen more...really watch my kids. All the moments that make me want to pull my hair out or grab for a wine glass pale in comparison to the moments that make me smile.
Where am I going with all this?
Well I'm not sure I'm going anywhere...just sharing my thoughts, but it all stems from watching Tatum celebrating her 3rd birthday! It was so great...and it didn't take a huge party and lots of people to make it great. A yummy breakfast...a few presents...and a homemade birthday cake was all she needed. Oh and SPRINKLES!! I sat back and just watched. I watched her excitement and I watched the other two help her. I loved it and I love that they are my kids!!

1 comment:
such a good mama! can't believe she is 3 already! i guess it's time for #4!?! ;-)
Post a Comment