Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Knee Deep In Projects

We are knee deep in projects around here.  I am seriously spending each morning cleaning to keep ahead of the dust madness.  Doing home improvements while sticking to our normal routine is challenging.  My hubby started a new job (same company...new job)...which is great, but he hasn't been home for dinner in a while.  It definitely makes for long days and lukewarm meals (for him, the rest of us are eating nice hot meals). 

Anyhoo...

I better back up and tell you what started this ball rolling.  In early December our microwave stopped working.  I know big GASP...you don't realize how much you use your microwave until you CAN'T!!  We took advantage of our Home Warranty and got this great idea to take the payout rather than have them fix it...WHY you ask?  Well you may not remember but our kitchen looked like this when we bought it..


All WHITE appliances!! 

Well...we weren't gigantic fans of the white when we moved in, but it was not top priority to change them...haha..nor was it in the budget.

However...when the microwave broke...I suggested that we start looking at NEW appliances!   And so the kitchen makeover began.

We bought all new Frigidaire Smudge-proof stainless steel appliances!  My only deal breaker was the refrigerator...I wanted a french door refrigerator!  Thankfully my hubby agreed!  As a bonus we bought a DOUBLE oven.  It was definitely not part of the original plan, but boy am I glad we did.  I have already taken advantage 3 times.  I can now broil and bake at the same time!!  Woohoo!

We also decided (well basically my hubby did) to get new counter tops as well.  They will be installed on Friday and because nothing is simple with us...we need to change the backsplash also!!

This is a sample of what we have chosen!!  What do you think?  That tiny little piece of granite is what will be in the kitchen!


AND...

We are painting the cabinets white!!  I am in the process of getting estimates!  To DIY or not to DIY...that is the question!!  Either way we will be ridding ourselves of all that oak!! 

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

i really like it! can't wait to see the final!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails