Sunday, December 21, 2014

An Annual Affair

Last weekend was the 5th Annual Cookie Party!!  Five years ago my mom had this idea...what she thought was a little crazy idea...to have a party where she attempted to teach us, her girls and our friends how to decorate beautiful sugar cookies like her.  Well...we weren't quite good enough to be her apprentices, but we sure did have a good time trying to be.  And best of all...a tradition was born!  An invitation that seems to be pretty hot! 

For the second year in a row I flew back for it.  Jackie dubbed the day "Melissa Day!"...I think it's catchy.  I myself did very little cookie decorating this year.  I had both girls to keep an eye on and lots of catching up to do with some of my most favorite ladies!!

Nana made the girls their own aprons...Could they be any cuter?!

The Cookie Queen and two of her favorite munchkins! (Thomas stayed home with dad)

I wasn't sure I really wanted to bring them with me, but they were pretty good!  They might be invited back again next year...well Taylor maybe, not sure about Tatum.

 What's a party without a Candy Bar?!

Me and Sarah!!  She was my first friend in AZ and even long distant we remain super close!!  I love you Sarah Harding!

This one...so proud of her cookie decorating.

Taylor surprised me beyond words...not only did she decorate all of her own cookies, but she took over my plate and finished all of my cookies!  She is getting quite good...maybe she should be Nana's apprentice!

Each one of these ladies has a special place in my heart.  School (preschool and elementary) brought us together...our boys and girls' friendships helped lay the foundation...and from that we have all become great life long friends.  Jackie, Lin-Z, Lisa and Chanon...I love you all!!

It was another great party...thank you mom...and I am already looking forward to next year!! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails