Although we are still technically 11 days before the new year starts today was the day I felt like reflecting on the past year, so that's what I am going to do!!
To say it has been an eventful year would be an understatement. The other day I was actually scrolling through my Instagram account and it made me laugh how one week I was marveling at the weather and couldn't imagine living anywhere else and then BAM...we are planning our move to Colorado. Funny how quickly life can change.
I'm pretty sure that 2013 saw more tears from my eyes than any other years lately. I compared it to having a baby...one minute I was fine...one minute I was excited and the next...BALLING!! Thankfully there are no more tears. We have embraced our new life in Colorado and are very happy about that! Mom (me) definitely took the longest to let it grow on me, but I have and in doing so I have made new friends and am very grateful for that. Thankfully my hubby balances my semi-OCD type A personality and keeps me grounded. I am not a HUGE fan of change as many of you know.
Kids on the other hand are resilient and nothing proves that more than moving them from everything they know and have known since they were born. They talk about their friends and family, but are happy to call Colorado their home now!!
I have been reminded lately just how important it is to live life fully and be happy with everything you are blessed to have. There are days when I think I could pull my hair out and consider running for the hills, but then I look at my kids and my hubby and remember that there isn't anywhere else I'd rather be...well maybe the spa...haha...I kid I kid!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

2 comments:
very well said, it brought tears to my eyes, and we loved the pics. i know you guys will have a wonderful new year!!! give all a big hug for us. love you, aunt bubs& uncle jim
Well said...of course it brought tears to my eyes too!
Not a day goes by that I don't wish you were back in AZ, but of course seeing your family happy, making new friends and adjusting to their new life, makes not having you here, a little easier!
Post a Comment