Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Bittersweet

Well I am not going to lie...after we moved here it took me almost two weeks to STOP crying.  I cried when I though about my family...I cried when I thought about my friends...I cried when I thought about the fact that I didn't have a babysitter...I pretty much cried over everything.  Imagine  postpartum crying only MINUS the baby.

Anyhoo...You get the picture.  But each day it got better and then it stopped!!!

YAY!!!

Fast forward five weeks and my parents come to visit.  It was a GREAT visit!!  I hope it was the first of many, although I would not blame them if they chose a hotel next time.  Wink Wink!!  But then I had to drive them to the airport...UGH!!  My funk started again about a minute after I left the airport, but I am happy to report I only cried a little bit!!

I realized something as I drove away...

The scary part was over.  I already knew what it felt like to leave, but now I knew what it was like to have them come visit.  It still sucks to live away from my family, but I am so lucky that I have the relationship that I do with my parents and I don't have to wonder IF they will come visit I only have to wonder WHEN!!

What would a visit with Nana and Papa be without Mini Golf and The Denver ZOO?!


Mini golf is very serious business!

Such focus...NOT!

This one's only happy if she's winning...SHOCKER!

Hole-in-ONE!

The Denver Zoo WAS AWESOME!!!







PRICELESS reaction!


This picture raises so many questions...Like "Why can't you just get along?"





She cried the second it started and we weren't even on an animal that went up and down!




I can't believe they're mine!!!!

I finally let her out of the stroller!

Now we count down the days until Aunt KiKi comes!!!  36 days!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

meliss, i've been waiting for weeks for some new postings !!!!! the pics. are great. it sounds like you guys had a great time. now you can get ready for little sis. love you guys

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails