Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Project PURGE...Update!!

I have still been plugging along on my list!!  My deadline is February 15...as February 16 will be our garage sale.  I am SO ready too.  Although I have not made it through my entire list, I seem to have tons of "garage sale" piles around the house that I am sick of tripping over.  I've been doing a pretty good job of pricing as I go, so in theory I shouldn't be up until the wee hours of the morning before the sale.

In case you have forgotten here is my list...

1. Master Bathroom
2. Mail Area
3. Kids' Bathroom
4. Laundry Room
5. Craft Room
6. Kitchen Drawers
7. Kitchen Cabinets (Upper)
8. Kitchen Cabinets (Lower)
9. Night Stands
10. Entertainment Center
11. Kids' Closets
12. Kids' Bedrooms
13. Playroom
14. Master Closet
15. Pantry
16. Hall Closet/Coat Closet
17. Refrigerator
18. Freezer
19. Garage
20. Outdoor Patio Bins

I am more than halfway through my list, which is great.  I am happy to report that the areas that have been finished are still clean and organized.  I am NO June Cleaver, but I have been trying really hard to get the house vacuumed and picked up every morning after I take the kids to school.  I am hoping this habit sticks.

I have finished the girls' closet/bedroom and hope to tackle Thomas' soon.  I will say this about his room...it usually doesn't end well when I walk in, so I need to be prepared!!


This is just a fraction of the clothes that have been removed from the girls' closet.  I have three piles...donate, sell and save!!  I have always done really great with reselling kids' clothes at my garage sales.  In season or coming into season are the best sellers, so I tend to donate the items that are off season.  My "save" bins were getting a little out of control, so I decided to down size and keep only things I absolutely LOVED or items that would not go out of style.  

Tom will be out of town next week, so those days I will get a lot done!!! 

1 comment:

Terri said...

Show off! Why don't you come to my house and "purge"...you might find some treasures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails