In case you are wondering...
My love for the dollar store is as strong as ever. I will be the first to admit though, you have to be careful in getting caught up in the "Everything is ONLY a dollar" idea. It sounds great, but with some items it isn't as good of a deal as you might think.
Today's trip though...full of good little finds. Currently in our house Thomas and Taylor fight about EVERYTHING!!! Yesterday's fight of the day...Getting into the car...Thomas got in first and Taylor flipped out!! Seriously?!? I am positive I am being repaid for all the fights my sister and I had as kids!
I digress...
I needed kids' flossers and saw two little bottles of mouthwash...one for a girl and one for a boy!! Score!!! I have just eliminated a fight that we have EVERY morning over who gets to use the mouthwash first!!
As you know we are having a garage sale and I am super picky about the presentation of the kids clothes I sell. Ziploc bags (or the knock off brand) are a small investment to help bring in good money by showing and keeping an outfit together. I would normally say that these ARE NOT a good deal at the dollar store (less bags in the same size box), but I don't need that many so it was OK.
I have been wanting a roll of brown wrapping paper and the dollar store is perfect for this. You get quite a bit on the roll and it is way cheaper than Staples. I use it for projects for the kids and to mail a package I did not want to put in an actual box.
I picked up erasers for Thomas' class (at his teachers request)...6 for $1.00...SCORE! And a tablet for Taylor to practice her handwriting. The preschool uses this paper and she insists on using it at home. Again...SCORE...school supplies are really only a good deal before school starts...then they go back to regular price and stay that way until the next year.
And last but not least I picked up two packages of 10ct valentines for Thomas!! I am all for the kids handing out Valentines, but really do not want to throw a bunch of money at what will undoubtedly be in the trash by end of day! He was happy as a pig in...well you know!! Kids don't need the most expensive, over the top stuff...as long as they get to write the names themselves...THEY ARE HAPPY!!
And there you have it!! My dollar store trip!!
No comments:
Post a Comment