Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mission Completed

I am happy to report that Project PURGE was a total success and with the exception of the garage (really my hubby's department) I finished the whole list.

Our garage sale was a gigantic success.  We made a grand total of over $1400, split pretty evenly between all of us.  But more importantly...my house is clean...my house is pretty organized...and my house has been DE-junked!!

My final two spaces in the house that really needed tackling were my closet and Thomas' room.  I finished the closet prior to the garage sale, but had to take care of Thomas' after.  His room just needed a real good DEEP clean!!

Our master closet on the other hand...It needed a complete overhaul.

Here are the before pics...







Again...I wish I could say I messed it up just for affect...sadly though I did not.

I cleaned the closet while my hubby was at work.  I highly recommend this because he was not there to argue with me about the rather large get-rid-of pile.  Out of site...Out of mind...he will never know they are missing if I don't tell him!

Here are the after pics...






I couldn't reach the top shelf, so it still sits the way it was, but there isn't much up there anyway.

As you can see I even color coordinated all of our shirts.  My hubby is colorblind, so this actually helps him out A LOT and I absolutely love the way it looks.  If you can believe it...I was excited to get all of the laundry done so I could complete the project.  Sadly the laundry has since started to pile up again.

Oh well...I can't change everything!

Mission Completed!!  I think I completed my list in good amount of time.  I worked on the list as I had free time and didn't get burnt out.  Now the only thing left to do...keep it this way!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails