Monday, February 25, 2013

Her Day


OK I admit it...I was over-the-moon excited for Tatum's first birthday.  I have been planning it since before Christmas if you count all the ideas I have thrown around.  I made the invitations...water bottle labels...party hats...and cupcake toppers.  My super talented friend Lisa made her smash cake and 24 beautiful cupcakes.  AND of course my amazing mom made cookies...for both "Thank you" treats and a little platter to snack on.

I planned every little detail...and for the first time EVER...I was not running around like a crazy person minutes before the party started.

We talked...we laughed...we tried to get Tatum to take her first steps...we ate A LOT...we helped her open her presents...and we watched as she stared at her smash cake and SCREAMED!!

Yep...

She DID NOT want anything to do with it.  I think it was my fault though.  I had anticipated her loving it, so I quickly removed her clothes beforehand so she would not get frosting on her cute outfit.  It backfired though and she hated being in just her diaper and immediately started crying.

It might not have been the reaction I was looking for, but I kept clicking my camera to capture the moment.

It was a wonderful day!  The last year flew by, but I look forward to all the things to come.


















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mellis, l loved all the pics. she is so precious!!!!! and it looks like a little pissed off. poor little TATUM, but thats what makes all those pics. so great. we loved them!!!!
love you guys
aunt bubs

DeeDee said...

what a fun day! precious pictures and LOVE the bright colors of the party!

Anonymous said...

LOVE!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails