If there is one job I am 200% positive I would suck at...
It would be teaching! In fact my teaching skills are so great I am actually blogging while I am supposed to be helping Thomas with his homework. Don't judge...he is right next to me at the dinner table and I am multitasking. A while back (I think, not positive) I mentioned that I truly believe things like child birth are suppressed deep in your memory for good reason. If you remembered such things it may keep you from repeating. Well, I am adding learning to spell, write, read oh just learning in general to the list. I have absolutely no idea how to teach my almost 6 yr old how to do these things. None!!
And as if that wasn't challenge enough all on its own add to it he is EXACTLY like his dad. In what respect you ask...every respect. His concentration is horrible, he argues with 99% of what I tell him and says "I can't" more times than I care to hear.
Don't bother asking me why Tom doesn't help him with his homework...I compare my reasoning to why someone dieting should not go into a bakery...nothing good can come from it. I will leave the teaching of sports to Tom and take one for the team when it comes to the education. Although he had a great first flag football season, I haven't seen any scouts just yet.
In case you were wondering...
In the time that I have typed all of this...Thomas has asked me five times what the score of the Monday night football game is. I don't know Thomas...keep practicing writing your address please...Do you think Green Bay is winning?...I don't know Thomas!!!...Please pay attention or you will never know what the score is.
Seriously people...we aren't even through Kindergarten. I see lots of wine in my future.
2 comments:
oh miffie,
i crack up every time i read your blog!!!! isn't life wonderful??? you just never know what each new moment will bring. be it he or be it she.
love you guys
bubs
Oh goodness, I feel your pain. I'm beating my head against the wall as to why I can tell Ashton what comes after 79 and literally 2 seconds later I'll ask him and he won't know. BUT I JUST TOLD YOU!!!! But leave it to Ashton to know exactly what type of animals sleep during the day and what type sleep at night, and godforbid you mix any up, because he will flat out call you out on it. No wonder Mom's drink!!!
Post a Comment