Saturday, May 21, 2011

I've Gotta Start Somewhere...Part I

So I have a huge confession to make....

We need to start budgeting!!! Like yesterday!!!

But where to start??

Well I have been pondering this for quite a while. See...it isn't like we are one of those families swimming in debt. Frankly I can't take the pressure and stress that comes with endless heaps of debt, but we'll leave that story for another day.

I just feel like it would be nice to be AHEAD!!!

I am pretty sure I am not the only one that feels this way, but nevertheless I have decided to stop thinking about it...talking about it...and do something!!

So my plan starts today...

And it starts with the kitchen.

Tom and I took survey of everything we have...Freezer...Fridge...Pantry!!

And came up with a menu for the next nine days. Now to be fair I think we could have stretched the menu to 15 days, but this will be an experiment to see how we do.  Don't want to bight off more than we can chew.

We made a menu, then made a very small list of things we would still need from the grocery store and that was that.

I thought I would share our menu and our small grocery list.

Wish us luck!!

Menu:
1. Ribs with Caesar salad and cornbread  Perfect meal to end a day of yardwork and cleaning!!
2. Burgers and Hot dogs with potatoes Au gratin
3. BBQ Chicken with rice
4. Spaghetti with green salad
5. Halibut with green salad
6. Baked Chicken with Alfredo pasta
7. Ravioli
8. Potato Soup
9. Taco Salad

I know...you are probably laughing at my menu, but its what I've got and if I buy stuff to create the menu I am accomplishing nothing!

Our small grocery list...  Got everything on the list and a couple added due to good coupons and a clearance section!!

2 Gallons of Milk (Got them on clearance because of pull date, but the way we go through milk it won't make it to the date)
Toilet Paper
Head Lettuce
Cucumber
Tomatoes
Eggs

Added....Bananas, two pillsbury dinner rolls $1.00 and two 4-pks of yoplait for $2.00.

The goal is to spend NO MORE on groceries until the nine days is up!! 

We shall see......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails