We celebrated Taylor's 2ND birthday yesterday with friends and family. A little late, but since all of my aunts came into town I figured Taylor would never know the difference. I mean someday she might, but by them I am sure she will have a long list of other reasons why she needs therapy besides us celebrating her birthdays late.
Anyway, back to the subject. Each time a birthday comes around I get it in my head that there needs to be a theme. Don't get me wrong I have loved every one (probably more than my kids, lets be honest they couldn't care less what the cake looks like just as long as there is one) but it gets the better of me every time.
I picked out my cake (or cupcake cake if you will) and just ran with it. I made cupcake toppers and a banner (with the help of my mother of course). My mom has a new obsession with sugar cookies and when I saw that there was a mouse ears cookie cutter, well....
I just had to have it.
My mother is amazing people...
I know you are probably thinking that I am bias and a bit over exaggerated, but she really can do it all.
She found that cookie cutter and just whipped me up some cookies that not only tasted great, they looked SOOOO cute.
It was a wonderful afternoon with good food and great friends and family although Taylor still isn't quite old enough to really get the whole birthday thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment