Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Laundry, $3 and other matters

OK so I am going to work backwards and talk other matters first. Not that any of you remember, but a little over a year ago I decided that I needed straight teeth. I mean it isn't as if I didn't have braces when I was 11 years old or anything, but lets not talk about that.

Lets just say that you never would have believed I had had braces as a kid if you looked at my bottom teeth.

Anyway, my dentist talked me into invisalign. Braces without the "BRACES"! After he had convinced me, I convinced my hubby that I really needed to do this. And...about a minute after I got my first set of trays (that's what they are called) I thought that it might have been the dumbest idea I had ever had.

I talked with a lisp for the first month...don't get me started. They hurt like a...well think of something that hurts and multiply it a few times. Oh and I couldn't quit because I put the dumb things on a payment plan.


Well...long story short.

I am done!!

And my teeth look great, if I do say so myself. I really do not remember a time when I had straight teeth (lets be real, I got my original braces off 20 years ago practically), so it feels great. I told my dentist that I really think I was a model patient. I had some pretty jacked up bottom teeth, to be brutally honest. But now...

They are straight!!! Yippee!!

OK so you might be wondering what $3 means... Or maybe you aren't wondering.

I am going to tell you anyway though.

I CAN NOT pass up $3 kids clothes. This might be the reason both of my kids have always had more clothes than they could ever need. My retail therapy is directly related to kids clothes and the great bargains I find.

After my dentist appointment I took full advantage of my babysitter and ran to Target. $3 skirts for Taylor (I bought two) $3 shirts for Taylor (I bought two). A $6 dress for Taylor. Oh and don't think that I forgot my Thomas...because I did not. $5 shorts (I bought two) and $4 shirts (I bought two). So five complete outfits for a little over $36. Now that is what I call a bargain.

Don't get me wrong, the clothes that you find in places like Gymboree are cute, but for what I would spend on one outfit there, I can get this much at Target.

Oh and as an added bonus I found the absolute cutest sandals for Taylor at Ross that match all of the clothes I bought at Target and they were only $7.99.

So this takes me to my last topic LAUNDRY.


I should not wonder why I have so much laundry to do when I buy massive amounts of clothes for my kids. My hatred towards laundry is my own doing and I take full responsibility.

I doesn't make me like it any more, but nevertheless it is my fault.

4 comments:

DeeDee said...

I need a before and after pic of the teeth!

Melyssa Noren said...

What is this about $3 clothes? I have seen it on several facebook status' today!

Unknown said...

Have you ever checked out Crazy 8 before? (www.crazy8.com) They are owned by Gymboree and have some super cute things, but more like Old Navy & Target prices...I love their jeans and googly eyes tee shirts for Caleb!

Anonymous said...

mellis,
you crack me up, thanks for making my day. see you soon (happy face)

love, bubs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails