OK so I just have to touch briefly on out garage sale success. The one and only reason for my lack of posting for over a week was this garage sale.
If you have done one then you already know this, but they are very hard work. Well I take that back, they are hard work the way we do them. If you prefer to just throw your things on the driveway and care little about actually getting rid of things...well then they aren't that much work.
This however, is not how we ROLL!!! We take at least a week, if not more, to put everything together. We price everything and it is pretty darn organized. But our main goal is to get rid of SHIT (excuse my language, but that is the only way I can convey how serious I am), so it takes work.
It was a 100% successful garage sale. And I am very happy to report that we made...
BIG GASP...
WAIT FOR IT...
Almost $1700!!
Now before you bombard me with questions on how to make this kind of money at a garage sale and before you start asking me to come run your garage sale I must tell you that we had an entire driveway (over sized might I add) full of stuff.
It brings a little tear to my eye to inform you that my house is 99.9% baby free. Once my little Cookie is potty trained we will officially be a baby free home!!
I have to move on though because I am not quite over it yet.
It is however, a perfect transition into the subject of timeouts. Taylor no longer gets a free pass around here people. She is now getting timeouts just like her brother. Fortunately for me they seem to work better on her...FOR NOW anyway! She sits on the chair without getting up and stays quiet.
My take on timeouts is this...
They really do not do anything to solve problems.
Most kids give them no consideration whatsoever.
BUT...
They separate my kids which is wonderful and they keep them in one spot for as long as I see fit.
So we will keep up with the timeouts. Although it is hilarious how generations do things so differently. There were no such thing as timeouts when I was a kid, but then again I remember taking my parents seriously when they threatened.
Now to my other matter...
My little Taylor turns 2 on Friday!
I can not believe it has been two years already. I know that I say this about everything that happens, but it really does not feel like that much time has passed.
Just like her brother, she makes me smile a 100 times a day. She makes me mad half that much in a day, but when I put her to bed at night and she says "Night, night mommy!!" All is right in my world.
1 comment:
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one that timeouts don't work for!
Post a Comment