Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Volume 25

So I am driving home today with both kids in the backseat (as usual) and I am singing (quite loudly I might add) and I am thinking to myself that it is a good thing my kids' doctor has checked their ears multiple times.

The louder they get in the backseat, the louder my volume gets on the radio.

It is kind of funny too, because there have been times when my mom has heard the volume at which I drive around with and thinks I am crazy (or mean I am not really sure which). I say...drive around with two toddlers who are just in arms reach of each other and you tell me how crazy it is.

It is during these times I do my "Mommy dreaming!" About all of the things I want to do, need to do, don't need or want to do but would rather BE doing. Before I have even reached my garage I have damn near saved the world (in my head).

You moms out there know exactly what I am talking about. Sometimes when they are at their worst it is almost hilarious. Those fun, 5-point harness car seats are like mini-jails. They can scream and shout all they want, but there is no getting out!

1 comment:

Jamie Frederick said...

My favorite thought is when I turn up the volume, and their noise level just seems to keep rising too. This really has back fired against me because now I have a 3 1/2 year old singing "Taylor Swift" at the top of his lungs.... that's enough to drive any mom crazy :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails