Okay I have been a very bad blogger in the last couple weeks. I have no real excuse except that each time I have sat down to post, I have wound up doing something else. First I must comment on the sad ending to the Superbowl last Sunday. This house was really pulling for the Cardinals, but no luck! Anyway, my latest project has been selling the kids' clothes on eBay. I have had some success in the past, so I thought I would try again. I am very happy to report that everything I put on has sold. I tackled Thomas' room first. Last week Tom was gone again for three days and my mom was kind enough to keep the kids overnight and I went to town on Thomas' room. I cleaned out everything, lots of clothes got donated, but I put together 4 Lots of clothes/shoes. Kids grow so fast when they are young, so many of the items in his closet have barely been worn.
All of the auctions ended last night and this morning and they all sold. YIPPEE!! I also broke down and sold my very nice and VERY unused film camera. I bought it when I graduated high school (before digital was around), spent a good portion of my graduation money on this camera, I just never have used it. It is film of course and that is such a thing of the past. The gentleman that bought it got a great deal as far as I am concerned. $65 for the camera, 2 lenses, a case and filters. Oh well I guess this is the way life goes. I am saving up again with Christmas money and the money from my eBay sales to purchase another nice DIGITAL camera. Taylor's clothes will be tackled next. Piles and piles of clothes that this little girl has also barely worn. I even have to admit that there are clothes still with the original tags. SAD:(
In other news, I finally booked our flights to Hawaii earlier this week and for any of you that know me very well you will know this was a very hard purchase. I am the saver in the family and big purchases like this give me anxiety. We are excited for the trip, but never the less I should make Tom do this kind of spending, it would save me a stomach ache. We leave on the 1st of April and will be gone for a week, bless my parents for agreeing to watch the kids while we are gone. Every night I say a little prayer that my little Taylor will become more and more independent as not to drive my mom nuts while we are gone.
I called the babysitter for tonight so Tom and I can have a little "date-night". Who knows what we will do though, usually we get in the car and just look at each other with blank stares. When you have kids it is such a foreign concept to have a quiet night out, well at least it is for us.
No new pics to post today.....I'll try and take some this weekend. Have a wonderful weekend all!
No comments:
Post a Comment