To keep your sick kids to yourself? I need to just say that I am not at all the mom that runs her kids to the doctor every time they have a sniffle. Frankly it drives my husband crazy, as he thinks they should go every time they are sick. I believe if it looks like a cold and it acts like a cold.....IT IS A COLD!! Well this morning I woke up for the third day in a row with a sore throat. I decided to take a looksy and see if there was anything going on in my mouth. I saw a few sores on the back of my throat and thought.....um.. please don't let this be strep. After asking my pharmacist what he thought, I decided to go to urgent care and get checked out. I was only afraid that if it was strep and highly contagious I would give it to the kids and I did not want that.
I HATE going to the doctor, any doctor, for this reason...........SICK KIDS and parents who let their sick kids run amok. Is it too much to ask that you keep your sick kids to yourself? I am forced to politely smile as this 2 year old with a runny nose, cough and a pacifier that should have been thrown away when he could take it out and talk, tries to touch my 10 month old baby. Now I know that kids do not know any better, but parents do. I should have known that the parents of this kid would do nothing, as his mom was still in her robe....yes her bathrobe at noon in the urgent care...and she wasn't even the sick one. Anyway, as I suspected from the beginning, just a sore throat. So all of this annoyance for nothing except a reminder of my hatred of doctors offices.
I called my mom after leaving the urgent care asking her to stop me the next time I think I need to go against my better judgement.
1 comment:
You're so funny - I feel the same way about irresponsible parent's, it drives me crazy. And thanks for the advice about taking a deep breathe. Really the only reason I want to have her sooner rather than later is so my carpel tunnel will go away as it is the cause of me not sleeping at night - not my huge belly which one would think it is..
Post a Comment