We had planned to rent an SUV because I didn't want to put the miles on my car, but instead we took my hubby's car. It was a tight fit, but what I learned was this...it really doesn't matter how much room the kids have or don't have...they will fight regardless, complain regardless, get along when they feel like it and sleep when they want. Oh and bribing them with cold hard cash HELPS A LOT!!
1. This was how Taylor slept the entire time...completely covered. This was also how she played on her iPad...honestly I didn't know if she was awake or asleep half the time.
2. My favorite fast food restaurant...TACO TIME!! I can only get it when I'm in the NW, so we had it twice!! Super Soft Taco with Mexi Fries and a Rootbeer!! YUM YUM
3. They do get along...proof in this selfie!!
4. One of many selfies Thomas and I took while we waited for the tow truck!! Oh yea...we blew out two tires. Just a minor hiccup that I did not let ruin the rest of the trip.
5. Another selfie before our quad ride!
6. Camping naps go hand in hand!!
7. Thomas started off riding behind my hubby, but by the end of our trip he was the one driving!
8. Taylor getting a pool lesson from Uncle Jeff...I have a sneaky suspicion that a pool table will be on their Christmas lists this year!
9. Taylor and Tatum with Athena!!
Played Pool
Played Ping Pong
Played Cards
Ate
Swam
Rode Quads
Went for walks
Ate More
Talked A LOT
Took Naps
Laid in the hammock
Ate even MORE
Fished
And laughed A LOT
It's been a very long time since we've been camping and even then it was nothing compared to this trip. Camp Kavanaugh is definitely my kind of camping! It was worth the 40 hour total drive time to and from!

No comments:
Post a Comment