I am happy to say that we are plugging right along on the new house. We started with a long list of things that we needed to do PRIOR to moving in and I think we are right on track. Since we have been home from vacation we have spend some amount of time over there everyday except Saturday...it was too nice outside and the Kentucky Derby was on...good enough excuses for me to take a break.
The new floors are 95% done. My hubby has just a couple pieces of transition to finish and then I can show the big reveal.
I started with 6 different paint projects and have completed 2 and eliminated 1. I repainted the laundry room from a dark navy blue to grey and I love it! For whatever reason the woman before me had a thing for DARK colors. Although I have nothing against NAVY...I prefer my house a little less dark! Shame on me for forgetting to take before pics of Taylor's room because you would have loved to see the stripes and trees that were painted on her walls. I considered leaving it for about a minute and then decided a simple Champagne Pink would be much prettier. AND IT IS!!!!
The master bedroom is painted a pretty shade of green. I had originally thought I would paint it because it did not match our bedding, but then I did some math. I figured I could probably find new bedding for cheaper than I could repaint the entire bedroom. AND I DID!!!!! I eliminated a few days worth of work AND I got new bedding!! Double bonus!!
I am currently working on finishing up the main floor wall and TV nook area. They WERE dark brown and red...again...not my style. I chose to go completely out of my comfort zone and without revealing...let's just say I think I accomplished that!
I did remember to take before pics of Tatum's room.
Can you tell this lady liked color?
Taylor helped me remove the wallpaper border already and my hubby is currently working on removing those murals. When we bought the house those murals were encased in trim and had curtains hanging above them. In order to have a nice smooth surface they had added a layer of smooth texture to paint the mural on. My hubby now has to gently sand off the mural to reveal the original texture.
You can see a little piece of where he started his sanding on this pic on the left side below my arrow. As soon as he is done I will start on this room.
More pics to come!!!


1 comment:
can't wait to see the pics. love you,bubs
Post a Comment