Well...I wish I could report that my sisters visit was jam packed with so many fun things its hard to remember it all. Let's put some major emphasis on I WISH!
BECAUSE...
Unfortunately this was not the case. Our sweet Tatum chose this week to get sick and it pretty much lasted the entire time Aunt KiKi was here. It's no secret when it comes to my kids (and my hubby) getting sick I am NOT the most compassionate. I feel bad...YES...but I sort of lack the come cuddle with me gene. I don't rush my kids to the doctor every time they show any sign of sickness. My hubby thinks I should, but I always know exactly what the doc is going to say..."They have a cold and it will pass". And usually it does!
Against my normal judgement though...after two full days...I decided to take her to see the doctor. Of course all I could tell her was that she had a fever (on and off), that she was SUPER grumpy, and that she wasn't eating/drinking that much. As I suspected the doctor told me she had NO CLUE what it was, but to be on the safe side she asked me to collect a urine sample. I will spare you the details of that fun job and say only that it is not easy to do with an 18 month old. I managed only to collect a drop...seriously a drop!! I again ditched my sister to take in what would barely qualify as a sample and waited.... And waited... And waited...
Results...
NOTHING!!
As much as I didn't want something to be wrong, I just wanted to know something. I left the doctor with instructions to collect more. That DID NOT happen and instead we were sent to the ER!!
Definitely an experience I hope NEVER to repeat. Since I was unable to collect a sample they needed to give her a catheter. Just like when her tongue was clipped I had to hold my poor baby down while she screamed. The nurse had asked me prior to starting if she was a strong baby...YES...Yes she is! Strongest baby ever...according to the nurses!
After that not so awesome experience was over she screamed for a good 15 minutes solid...so loud that when Tom arrived he was told "Just follow the screaming and you will find you daughter!" NO JOKE!!
After all that...
Conclusion...SHE IS PERFECTLY FINE!! Just a virus! All I could do was shake my head. I was happy to have been right...I was mad I had to put her through all that. Saturday morning she woke up completely covered in a rash. ROSEOLA...Both Thomas and Taylor had it...it's nothing to freak out about. I was so mad that I hadn't thought of that myself. UGH!!
Once the rash appeared she was back to normal!! Just in time to spend one day with Aunt KiKi before she had to leave!
Although is wasn't how we had planned to spend the week...we did get to have fun. Just intermittently. Thursday night we went to the Broncos vs Cardinals game!! Saturday the whole family went to the zoo! Saturday night we went to a movie!! Sunday we hit the Denver Flea Market before I took her to the airport.
My sister's bucket list includes visiting all 32 stadiums!! This was 3/32!! I hope I get the chance to help her mark off another one sometime!! We had a blast at Sports Authority Field at Mile High!!
Wearing a Cardinals jersey in Broncos stadium made it that much more fun!!
More zoo pics to come...but I had to share the pic of these two bears!! How cute are they?!
And...
My iPhone Photo Dump as promised!
From top left:
1. I finally made it to the Antique Mall by our house!!
2. Took this crazy kid with me and her favorite part was this fan!
3. Seriously can't NOT have these in my pantry! Averaging a bag every 1-2 days!
4. The start of our week!
5. Sisters reunited headed to the game!
6. This was right before our hospital visit...UGH!
7. Such a good big brother sharing his ICEE!
8. This gorilla came pretty close to the glass...I think he thought Tatum was lunch!
9. A little Sunday afternoon game of memory...She kicked my butt!
Happy Labor Day!!! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:
Post a Comment