Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Only if you peeked in my backyard...

Would you have seen me in a swimsuit for the first time this year. I thought I would try to get a bit of color on my oh-so-white body today.

The kids were absolutely ecstatic that we were pulling out the swimsuits...

Secretly I think they thought we were going to an ACTUAL pool, but oh no, not yet my friends.

Although it was supposed to be a high of 99 today, it is still WAY to cold to be diving into my moms pool. It has to be pretty darn close to bath water before I am walking right in.

Think what you want,

Whisper if you will,

But once you have lived here for a year or longer, you will be right there with me.

I did however, feel bad for my kids so I did something that would keep them busy for as long as I needed...



I turned on the watering system.

Hey...no making fun of me!! I could have gone and bought an actual sprinkler, but to be honest I was already in my swimsuit and the mere thought of packing the kids up to run to Target to buy said sprinkler was just way more work than I was wanting to do.



Besides, if there is one thing I have learned in my four years of parenting is this...

Kids do not need the biggest and baddest sprinkler, they are totally content with a small little sprinkler head that pops out of the ground.

Case and point...



They had a blast!!

And they have been bugging me to do it again tomorrow.





I might actually have some color on my legs yet. Oh and it should be no surprise that the only people getting their pictures taken today were my kids. Photoshop couldn't have helped my white, pasty legs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loved the pictures, i didn't hardly see any horns on cookie, the water must have shrunk them.
keep the news and pics.coming, we love them. now i have to see ifi can find you on face book, or at least try and figure it out

love bubs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails