Monday, May 24, 2010

My Little Marilyn


I pretty much take my camera everywhere if I remember. Of course that doesn't mean a whole lot with two toddlers.

If you only knew how many days I have taken pics with the intention to share and...

When I press the upload button...

Not so good!! Delete...Delete

So on Saturday, with camera in toe, I took the kids to the park for Thomas' end of the year picnic. I had really hoped to get some pictures of Thomas and his school friends, but because it is virtually impossible to hold him still at a park and because almost none of his friends showed up, I came home with mostly pictures of Taylor.

For some unknown reason whenever we are at the park Taylor sticks very close to me. So, since Thomas was nowhere to be found I just stuck with her.


It took a bit of convincing (based on how many kids where there) to get her on the play structure, but I finally did. She spent a good 10 minutes cleaning up the woodchips. I could devote one whole post to my kids and their dislike in dirt.

Anyway,


Don't mistake this for the first of many trips down the slide, she sat in this same spot for a good 20 minutes after the cleanup. Working up the courage to take the plunge I guess.


Now how much more ready could she look for this slide? This slide that is no more than 2 feet off the ground.


Naaa, not quite ready yet. I think I will hold up the line a little longer. I mean it isn't like this is the only slide in this park.


I think this was the "I am ready, mom!" shot. Of course the camera had to be put down at this point, it is pretty hard to take a picture when you have to wait at the bottom of the slide to catch this little girl.

But once I got her down the slide once...

It was "Gen mommy! Gen mommy!" (as in: again mommy, just in case you do not speak toddler)


And right before I convinced her to move up to the big kid slide...

She gave me a little windy, Marilyn Monroe shot.

When she wants to be,

She can be a really funny little girl, my Taylor!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, so that last photo of Taylor is un-freak-in believably adorable! I love it!

Blyth Family Blog said...

she is such a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

i new we should have gone to the park when we were there. you get to have all the fun. beautiful pictures, beautiful family.love you guys!!


bubs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails