A few months ago I planned a trip to San Diego for Thomas' 4th birthday. After many changes to our plans we set our trip to include the San Diego Zoo and SeaWorld. Two full days of fun just for him...well and mommy, as I had never been either.
A few days before we left we found out that the storm of the season would be hitting the day we arrived. I tried to pray it away, but NO luck. My best friend Sandi met Thomas and I there and picked us up from the airport. I cannot begin to describe the rain. It was horrible and I lived in rain almost my entire life.
Needless to say the zoo was not an option. I did not fly to San Diego to sit in a hotel room though, so we decided to be total tourists and go see the USS Midway. After much hesitation on Thomas' part we finally convinced him to board and he loved it.
We laughed most of the day because each time we thought the rain might stop it got worse. We really couldn't do anything but laugh. We would have like to see the actual flight deck with all of the planes, but the wind was blowing so hard that we could barely stand up.
Just hilarious!!
No comments:
Post a Comment