So I have decided that there is some sort of black cloud looming over us. Now don't get me wrong at this point I can do nothing but laugh at all of things that have happened in the last two months. Again my air conditioning went out in my car and although it was really toast this time it did only end up costing us $575 rather than the $1100 that one place originally quoted us. So I have to look at it in terms of the bright side.
Yesterday Tom hit his second animal on the way to work. A bird this time and what are the odds that I too would hit a bird while driving today. Feathers went flying and everything. Had to just laugh :)
My kids are keeping me busy as usual and constantly testing me. While in the bank today Thomas had to you the restroom (not uncommon while we are out). My darling Taylor goes into complete meltdown if I do not give her something to hold while she is walking around. I gave her one of Thomas' trucks and from across the bathroom she threw the truck and into the toilet it went. Of course while Thomas was in the middle of going pee. And because I am a devoted mom, into the toilet I went to retrieve the truck.
Only a mom that knows she would never hear the end of it if she didn't, sticks her whole arm into a toilet filled with pee to retrieve the truck.
All in all the summer is going good though and we had a nice monsoon last night to cool us off. It has been 115+ degrees here and I am ready for some cool down. Thomas is finishing up swim lessons this week and I am proud to say he is doing great. He actually is swimming. I am counting down the days until preschool and hoping it is just what he needs to change his behavior a little.
Here are some pics from our last swimming adventure at my parents.
Yesterday Tom hit his second animal on the way to work. A bird this time and what are the odds that I too would hit a bird while driving today. Feathers went flying and everything. Had to just laugh :)
My kids are keeping me busy as usual and constantly testing me. While in the bank today Thomas had to you the restroom (not uncommon while we are out). My darling Taylor goes into complete meltdown if I do not give her something to hold while she is walking around. I gave her one of Thomas' trucks and from across the bathroom she threw the truck and into the toilet it went. Of course while Thomas was in the middle of going pee. And because I am a devoted mom, into the toilet I went to retrieve the truck.
Only a mom that knows she would never hear the end of it if she didn't, sticks her whole arm into a toilet filled with pee to retrieve the truck.
All in all the summer is going good though and we had a nice monsoon last night to cool us off. It has been 115+ degrees here and I am ready for some cool down. Thomas is finishing up swim lessons this week and I am proud to say he is doing great. He actually is swimming. I am counting down the days until preschool and hoping it is just what he needs to change his behavior a little.
Here are some pics from our last swimming adventure at my parents.
2 comments:
Oh Geesh. You HAVE had a bad run...well it is about time for a turnaround I'd say. Those are some AWESOME pics of the kids...what about the parents ;-)
mellis,
you have come a long way in the past three years. who'd ever thunk it.a devoted aunt would have done the same thing i'm sure, only maybe using a rubber glove. i'm sure kells would agree . happy face!! loved the pictures.
love, bubs
Post a Comment