Depending on your crock pot size:
6-8 medium granny smith apples peeled (2-3 qt crock pot)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 T lemon juice
20-23 medium granny smith apples peeled (5-6 qt crock pot)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 T lemon juice
Cook on high for 2-4 hours depending on size of crock pot
Mash apples with potato masher. The apples cook down quite a bit, but the mashing gives it the consistency.
Add cinnamon to taste
It is the best, but no matter how big the crock pot it is never enough. Everyone in my house loves it and it is sometimes gone before it ever reaches the refrigerator.
This is what 20 apples makes and can I just say that the smaller container in the picture is already half gone because both Thomas and Taylor had some as soon as it was done. I personally love it warm.
I am now finishing out my day trying to get inspired in my craft room. I have so many things I would love to do, but am having the hardest time getting motivated. Being a mom is hard work that you never really have a day off from. Well I take that back, it is just that my days off from it are spent at my actual job.
Quick note before I go to anyone that does not know, Taylor is starting to pull herself up and stand. She has absolutely no clue how to get down once she is up, but none the less it is a milestone around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment