Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Two Months (Part 2)

Besides our fun trip to Las Vegas.  We celebrated Taylor's 8th birthday, had a very nice visit with my in-laws, celebrated Easter, suffered through a HUGE snow storm, started spring sports and have done a few projects around the house!!


Having my hubby home posed a very nice opportunity...PROJECTS!! 

We have a closet in our loft that is basically EXTRA.  It had no shelves of any kind and well that wasn't working for me. 

So...

A quick trip to Lowe's, a sheet of MDF and an afternoon worth of work and VOILA!! 

I now have a place to wrap presents, store extra party stuff and a bit of the craft items that I don't have a place for in my actual craft room!!  I absolutely love how it turned out.  I don't love the original closet doors, so we are exploring other options.  Top of the list...a sliding barn door!! 

It's not a great picture, but he used the left over MDF from the closet to put a few shelves in my laundry room!!  Shopping in bulk just got a whole lot better!!

Sometimes the simplest changes make the biggest difference!!  Case and point...our front door!!  It took two coats of paint...that's it...and I LOVE IT!!

When my mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday this year I told her 100% a Hobby Lobby gift card.  Why??  Because I had my eye on that GIANT M!!  It really is GIANT, but it was the perfect size for the bare wall in the basement!!  My hubby handmade those 4 corner shelves and redid that old bar mirror to finish that side!!  One more wall and some lamps and the basement will be officially finished!!

My new headboard was the result of our creative collaboration!!  Can you tell that it's made from flooring?  Like most things in our house though...it weighs like 1000 lbs.  Man I hope I never have to move...I'm not sure anyone could lift and NOT destroy some of the things in our house!

Spring in Colorado never disappoints, but this year it's been nuts!  Middle of March and this is what it looked like for two days. 

See...doesn't my door color pop?  Haha!!

Two days of solid snow and then poof...the sun came out and it was over!!  20+ inches of wet, heavy snow!! 


These two...they love the snow for about 10-20 minutes and then they're usually over it!!

We celebrated Taylor's 8th birthday with presents, a yummy dinner at Beau Jo's and ice cream cake!!  This picture...Thomas is clearly still in the awkward smiling stage and can you tell who's only smiling to get a piece of that cake??  Tatum...always worried about the food in the room!!

I know I say this every time we celebrate a birthday, but I can't believe I have a 10, 8 & 4 year old!!! 

Stay tuned for the final installment of TWO MONTHS!! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails