Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Where Do I Start

I am not even sure where to start.  Summer break is in full swing and thankfully the weather has started to cooperate.  I'm not kidding when I tell you I have been crazy busy lately. 

That's a good thing right?

I wish I knew what has happened to me over the last few months.  The procrastinator in me has been silenced for a while.  Another good thing right?  Well it is...except that when I start doing all sorts of projects I tend to spend money. 

I keep telling my hubby that we are making the house our HOME!!!  For whatever reason he isn't totally agreeing with me.  It might have something to do with the fact that our basement remodel is starting in a few weeks and it a pretty hefty project.

I know it will be totally worth it in the end, but if I am being totally honest...I too have a little lump in my throat every time I think about how much money we are spending. 

Anyhoo...

Like I was saying.

I have been crazy busy lately.  In between trying to keep my kids occupied for the summer I decided that I was NOT happy with the color of the inside of our entire house.  I thought it would be a great idea to paint IT ALL!!  And I did!!  It didn't start off as smoothly as I had hoped though.  I wasn't happy with the first TWO colors I chose.  Who knew GREY was such a hard color to work with?  Apparently everyone but me!  Blue undertones....brown undertones...frankly EVERY color that I chose looked different on every wall. 

I finally chose a grey and have now painted EVERYTHING!!  Well everything except the bedrooms and my fun tangerine wall that I painted when we moved in. 

It looks fabulous and now...time to paint ALL OF THE TRIM...WHITE!!!  Yes...I know I'm crazy, but seriously I hate the oak that is EVERYWHERE!!

Do you remember these fabulous ugly curtains that were in my family room?


Well...I know that the nice lady that used to live here paid good money for them and I know they are of great quality!  But I REALLY did not like them.  My hubby told me it was not currently in the budget to buy all new blinds though.  Enter sad face!!  I knew that I wanted white blinds, but have looked and for once my hubby was right.  I have not pressed it and was learning to live with them.

And then...

Trash day came!!

Yup...for the first time ever I picked up someone's trash.  To be fair though...it wasn't like I went digging or anything.  The owners of a house right up the street had nicely and NEATLY wrapped up their WHITE blinds and set them on top of the garbage can!!

I drove by and then I quickly whipped it in reverse.  I had a pretty good feeling they would work in my house because...same builder...same window size.  And guess what??  I was right!!

I cannot begin to tell you how excited I was...and still am for that matter.  All three of the blinds in the family room were replaced and the blinds in Thomas' room.  All we had to do was buy the hardware. 


Now I have the ability to let in as little or AS MUCH light as I want!!  I will now need some window treatments for above, but for now...they are just perfect.  Someone's trash was definitely my TREASURE!!  And best of all it saved me over $300!!!

Man I love a good deal!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails