In no way would I describe myself as SUPER MOM!! I would say there are times when I display super mom qualities, but most days I am just happy to put three kids to bed and still have an ounce of sanity.
My hubby will officially be gone for six weeks. He will fly home for TWO weekends during said six weeks. Week one of my adventure as a single mom has proved to be trying at best. I have cleaned up more puke in one week than I have in five years. Both Thomas and Taylor have been sent to their rooms more times than I care to count. I have contemplated loading everyone up just so I can go buy a bottle of wine multiple times, but frankly am too exhausted.
So after one week this is what I have learned...
1. If I were a single mom I would hire a maid!
2. If I were a single mom I would hire yard maintenance!
3. If I were a single mom I would DEFINITELY buy wine in bulk!
I have complete and utter respect for any mom out there doing it on her own! I truly don't know how they do it.
There is a saying... You don't know what you have until it's gone
Well it's true!! And thankfully I only have to live this saying for six weeks.
Although my hubby works a lot and there are times I curse the fact that he does...
I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!
So here's to putting some good karma back out in the world and hoping week two is much less exhausting!!
1 comment:
I think you ARE a super mom! I know there are times when the kids truly test your patience, but somehow in the end, you hold it together. You can even write about it on your blog, and make it an entertaining, enjoyable read...kudos to you!
Post a Comment